Dear FDN! Supporters,
We regret toyou that earlier this morning the U.S. Senate voted 60 to 37 to pass cloture on Fast Track authority on the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP). Today’s vote was a procedural vote on cloture, which limits debate on this secret international trade agreement, the language of which, the American public has not been allowed to read.
This vote, and the secrecy surrounding the Fast Track agreement, is an absolute betrayal of the American people that undermines representative democracy and the important consumer protection laws that local, state and federal elected officials have passed to protect our health, environment and economy.
The Senate will hold their final vote on Fast Track tomorrow, where it is expected pass. If this you feel betrayed by today’s vote, we need you to make your voice heard right now!
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (KY-R) is boasting that he has the votes to pass Fast Track. But not if we can help it!
These 13 Democratic Senators Just Betrayed the American Dream - Make sure they Hear from YOU Today!
Let them know that there will be consequences for today’s vote! And find out how your Senator vote below.
- Michael Bennet (D-CO) 202-224-5852
- Maria Cantwell (D-WA) 202-224-3441
- Tom Carper (D-DE) 202-224-2441
- Chris Coons (D-DE) 202-224-5042
- Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) 202-224-3841
- Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND) 202-224-2043
- Tim Kaine (D-VA) 202-224-4024
- Claire McCaskill (D-MO) 202-224-6154
- Patty Murray (D-WA) 202-224-2621
- Bill Nelson (D-FL) 202-224-5274
- Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) 202-224-2841
- Mark Warner (D-VA) 202-224-2023
- Ron Wyden (D-OR) 202-224-5244
The Republican Senators and Presidential Candidates Need to Hear From You!
- Ted Cruz (R-TX) 202-225-5922
- Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) 202-224-3041
- Lindsey Graham (R-SC) 202-224-5972
Today, your Senators essentially voted to turn over our sovereign laws to international tribunals that do not answer to your elected officials and whose rulings can not only supersede the American court system, but force local, state and federal governments to pay hundreds of millions of dollars to corporations for “lost profits” if they don’t like how a law impacts their toxic products.
Make sure they hear from you today!
Remember, democracy is like a muscle, either you use it or you lose it!
Thanks for participating in food democracy,
Dave, Lisa and the Food Democracy Action! team
1. Senate Votes 60 to 37 to Pass Cloture on H.R. 2146 (Defending Public Safety Employees' Retirement Act), U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 114thCongress, U.S. Senate website